ABOUT

THE MURRAY ARMS HOTEL

The Murray Arms Hotel began as a coaching Inn having been built around 1760. In days gone by Gatehouse was a coaching stop for weary travellers. Travellers had to pay a toll to cross the river Fleet and this was paid at the “Gait House” reputed to be the oldest building in the town and just next to the Murray Arms courtyard.